This part of my life began when my very sick partner was diagnosed with Celiac. Even the slightest exposure to gluten can make him very ill for several days, so I have pursued gluten-free options with thorough aggression. In the U.S. a recent surge of gluten awareness means we have more choices than ever, but it still means hunting and analyzing and tracking down parent companies. After several years now of doing so, I want to share my tricks and tips with others who are still struggling.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Gluten Free Featured Product: Thai Kitchen

GLUTEN FREE FEATURED PRODUCT
A regular postings of gluten-free products that I use myself and are available in my local grocery store.  You can check your local store for these items, order them online, or ask your store to stock them. I do not have any relationship with the companies in question, nor do I receive any form of compensation for these reviews.

Thai Kitchen Instant Noodles
I like to think of these as "Ramen for grownups" but really they're Ramen for gluten-intolerant people.  Just like Ramen noodles, they cook up in three minutes with boiling water, you add seasoning packets, and enjoy.  Unlike Ramen they use gluten-free rice noodles and offer more complex flavors.  My absolute favorite is the lemongrass and Chili.  These are available in most grocery stores.  Thai kitchen also has other offerings, including sauces, plain rice noodles, and pre-cooked lo-mein dishes in vacuum packs.  They label gluten-free on their gluten-free products, but the location of that indicator is not consistent across all products.  Sometimes they emblazon it on the front of the box, sometimes it's under the ingredients list in small type.  It's generally worth the hunt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment