This part of my life began when my very sick partner was diagnosed with Celiac. Even the slightest exposure to gluten can make him very ill for several days, so I have pursued gluten-free options with thorough aggression. In the U.S. a recent surge of gluten awareness means we have more choices than ever, but it still means hunting and analyzing and tracking down parent companies. After several years now of doing so, I want to share my tricks and tips with others who are still struggling.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gluten Free Featured Product: Chocovine

GLUTEN FREE FEATURED PRODUCT
A regular postings of gluten-free products that I use myself and area available in my local grocery store.  You can check your local store for these items, order them online, or ask your store to stock them. I do not have any relationship with the companies in question, nor do I receive any form of compensation for these reviews.
Chocovine
Okay, as a wine drinker, I was a little "shwah!?" about chocolate wine.  But if you consider it less as a wine and more as a gluten-free substitute for Bailey's, it starts to make sense.  Yes, sadly, Bailey's will not say one way or the other if their Irish Cream is gluten-free, and there are cross-contamination risks in their manufacturing.  Chocovine is mighty tasty in coffee and hot chocolate.  You could drink it mixed with cream over ice, or use it as a baking ingredient in anything from frosting to caramels to flourless chocolate cake. I would imagine it would be tasty made into whip cream or pudding for a parfait as well.  The company states on their Facebook site that Chocovine is gluten-free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment