This part of my life began when my very sick partner was diagnosed with Celiac. Even the slightest exposure to gluten can make him very ill for several days, so I have pursued gluten-free options with thorough aggression. In the U.S. a recent surge of gluten awareness means we have more choices than ever, but it still means hunting and analyzing and tracking down parent companies. After several years now of doing so, I want to share my tricks and tips with others who are still struggling.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Gluten Free Featured Product: Ore-Ida Potatoes

GLUTEN FREE FEATURED PRODUCT
A regular postings of gluten-free products that I use myself and is available in my local grocery store.  You can check your local store for these items, order them online, or ask your store to stock them. I do not have any relationship with the companies in question, nor do I receive any form of compensation for these reviews.



Ore-Ida Frozen Fries
Gluten-free fries are hard to get.  Restaurants rarely have a dedicated fryer, and so their fries are generally unsafe due to cross-contamination from breaded products.  That's why the Ore-Ida fries have been a great find for us.  I particularly love the sweet potato fries, while my partner's partial to the waffle fries.
the parent company, Heinz, offers a full list of their gluten-free products, including regional variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment