This part of my life began when my very sick partner was diagnosed with Celiac. Even the slightest exposure to gluten can make him very ill for several days, so I have pursued gluten-free options with thorough aggression. In the U.S. a recent surge of gluten awareness means we have more choices than ever, but it still means hunting and analyzing and tracking down parent companies. After several years now of doing so, I want to share my tricks and tips with others who are still struggling.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Gluten-Free Product Review: Hidden Valley Ranch

For years, Hidden Valley Ranch dressing has stubbornly avoided our pleas to make their salad dressing gluten-free.  Let's face it, no other ranch dressing tastes quite as good!  I should know; I've tried somewhere near a dozen in the years since giving up gluten.

But now, this year, Hidden Valley dressing bottles are suddenly sporting a new gluten-free label!  It is on all the ranch variants available at my local publix (regular, bacon, and buttermilk) and on the newer packets of mix powder.  Older packets of mix powder are not labeled, but I don't know if it means they are not gluten-free.  You may need to simply wait for stock to turn over, or contact Hidden Valley with the product code on a specific packet to find out (make sure they know it's an older packet). 

So now it is time for me to go overdose on carrot sticks and ranch dressing.

I am neither affiliated with nor compensated by the makers or sellers of products I review.  All gluten-free information is based on a combination of product packaging, manufacturer information, the Cecelia's Marketplace Gluten-Free Grocery Shopping Guide, and personal experience with a Celiac partner sensitive below 20ppm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment